Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Porumayai kaathal...

I like this song from Avvai Shanmugi for sheer cheek. The point of singing Ruk Ruk Ruk in a Sumangali pooja used to irritate me before. But I have grown to realize that it is quite possible. If you look at the number of Sanskrit slokas and Telugu songs people parrot out without any clue of the meaning, we could even be singing "Bhaag DK Bose" in some ceremony. (Note I still don't know the meaning of that phrase..)
Anyway I find the lyrics (of Ruku Ruku Ruku, not Bhaag DK.. ) quite funny.
And I especially like some lines for the tune. "Oru maadhu thalaivanai...", for eg. But I always liked the following line most for the tune and the amazing emphasis on the "jaangri"..*
Poosalgal vandhal dont be angry,
Porumayai kaathal vaazhkai jaangri :) :)
 I also realized it was such a common piece of advice, completely ignored by me most of the time. But think about it people, really...
Porumayai kaathal vaazhkai  jaangri.. :) :)
* Translation: When there are scuffles, don't be angry. If you are patient life will be sweet (like jaangri).

No comments:

Post a Comment