Friday, July 15, 2011

What. A. Week.

And finally I get to blog again....What. A. Week!
Too hectic :( First I had multiple evening meetings and lots to do at work. This quarter is supposed to be critical and has just begun and I can't breathe already! Second I had this book review I had to finish for BlogAdda. Thirdly, HP7.2 (or 7.5 or 8 or whatever) released today! Oh and I forgot, my brother had turned up somewhere in between and I had to go meet him one and half hour across the city one of the evenings.

Ya I know that 2 and 3 don't sound hectic. But then just the tension of getting the review done on time was eating me a bit.  I finished the book by Wednesday evening, but still couldn't get the mood to write until Friday morning. But in the end, it was ok. I have always enjoyed reviewing stuff, so it was good.

Now for HP. I wanted to do a HP Movie Marathon but for reasons listed above, couldn't :( :( At least I got to watch it first day! And it was worth it. There are some HP movies that don't quite meet the standards of the book, but this one wasn't one of them.
Ya, agreed, some dialogues were a bit too slow, and there were parts that were overly dark (same as all of David's movies), but then the movie captures all the most important parts of the book (unlike some of the movies in between, which missed out some essentials). So over all it was pretty good!
The thing about HP is that one could go on and on, but I wouldn't want to. Only thing I can say is the series has a completely different impact on theater (in a positive way). So do watch it, if you like HP.

And ya, there ends a saga. With greater success than the self-proclaimed one!

And I am happy I grew up with Harry Potter and Hermoine and all the rest! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment